Literary agents may represent you in the following ways:
- Review your work.
- Provide an assessment of its quality and potential marketability.
- Offer editorial guidance.
- Suggest possible strategies for securing its publication or production.
- Advise about trends, market conditions, practices, and contractual terms.
- Establish contacts with firms and persons acquiring rights to appropriate types of literary material.
- Market the work and rights therein, including negotiation and review of licensing agreements.
- If a work is licensed, monitor licensees’ marketing activity.
- Review royalty statements and keep the author informed in financial matters.