Nearly every writer dreams of writing a book (in fact, one study showed that as many as 80% of Americans want to write a book). Even more so, they dream it will be a Best Seller! While I can’t make the latter come true, I may be able to help with the former.
Throughout this site, you will find various resources to take you from the ‘dreaming’ stage to the day when you can proudly declare you are a published author!
- How-To Books — Includes writing for children, writing fiction, writing memoirs, developing characters, and much more.
- Writing Coaches — These are the people who will motivate, guide, and keep you on track. They will also help with choosing a title, targeting your audience, and planning your book cover.
- Editors — An editor is absolutely essential for proofreading. They will check your spelling, grammar, use of terms, and more.
- Agents — These are the folks who will promote your work to publishers and make sure it stays out of the “slush” pile.
- Publishing Resources — There are numerous ways to get your book in print, including independent publishers, self-publishing, and online publishers.
- Articles — Written by individuals experienced in the art of writing, publishing, and promoting books. Also be sure to check out the “Suggested Reading” links for more good information.
- Book Cover Designers — People who know how to design a book cover that grabs attention and sells your book.
Now get busy and fulfill that dream of writing a book!
“Writing a book is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement; then it becomes a mistress, and then it becomes a master, and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.” — Winston Churchill
“I’m writing a book. I’ve got the page numbers done.” –Steven Wright